The Central Election Commission is the highest permanent state body, charged with the administration of elections with the aim of guaranteeing and respecting the principles, rights, guarantees, constitutional and legal, in the conduct of elections
In achieving the above goal, the CEC adheres to:
- Correct implementation and full accountability of Constitutional and legal norms in the organization and administration of elections;
- Spreading and consolidating a new electoral culture among voters, through ongoing civic education campaigns;
- Increasing the capacities and performance of the commissioners of the electoral commissions, through qualitative, professional and periodic trainings;
- Increasing the control and transparency of the financing of election campaigns;
- Encouraging legal reforms to improve electoral legislation.