According to the electronic data until 14:00 hrs, the counting and evaluation of ballots for electoral subjects, political parties, coalitions and independent candidates has ended in 4922 voting centers, out of 5199 VC in total.
The counting and evaluation of ballots for political parties, coalitions and independent candidates has completely finished in the regions of Shkodra, Lezha, Kukes, Fier, Elbasan, Gjirokastra, Korca, Dibra, Berat and Vlora.
In other regions, Tirana and Durrës, the process has ended in 11 BCCs (counting centers), whereas in 13 Ballot Counting Centers or 270 Voting Centers it is still in progress.
The voters’ turnout at the end of the counting process in 4922 Voting Centers is 45.72% (1,551,921 voters have voted out of 3.393.748 listed in the voters’ list of the counted VCs).
Based on the above, the preliminary results are:
On national level:
- Social-Democrat Party: 2,24 % of valid ballots; 3 mandates.
- National Front Party: 0,13% of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Albanian Democratic Movement Party, 0,30% of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Democratic Creed Party: 0,53% of valid ballots, 0 mandate,
- Popular’s Alliance, Emigration, Hour of Hope and the Conservatives Coalition : 0,09%,
- Socialist Movement for Integration: 6,85%, of valid ballots, 4 mandates,
- Hashtag Initiative: 0,64% of valid ballots, 0 mandates
- New Movement Party: 0,24%, of valid ballots, 0 mandates
- Democratic Party “Alliance for Change”: 39,40 % of valid ballots, 59 mandates,
- New Democracy Alliance Party: 0,20% of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Movement for Change Party: 0,45% of valid ballots, 0 mandates
- Socialist Party of Albania: 48,67% of valid ballots, 74 mandates
Candidates supported by the voters
- Boiken Abazi 0,17 % of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Elton Debreshi 0,04% of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Iljaz Shehu 0,03% of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Kreshnik Merxhani 0,01% of valid ballots, 0 mandates,
- Pal Shkambi 0,01% of valid ballots, 0 mandates.
The CEC is closely monitoring the process of counting and evaluating ballots for those voting centers where it has not finished. Any delay in this process caused by the Counting Teams and the Commissions of Zonal Election Administration will be followed by administrative and criminal sanctions, if necessary.
All those BCC members and commissioners who have successfully finalized this laborious and stressful process, physically and mentally, have the maximal appreciation of the CEC.
Those few BCC members and commissioners who are still counting the ballots, have the CEC understanding, given the workload and fatigue so far, but we will not allow the engineering of further delays.
On the other side, regarding the stage of announcing of the winning candidates, I would like to inform you that the CEC has taken all measures so that this process does not turn into an election bargain. Any BCC member or commission that will make an evaluation of the ballot paper which is different from its content, will be penalty responsible.
The CEC possesses all the video recordings of the counting and evaluation of ballot and may make them available to the interested subjects.